- Parent Orientation is Tuesday, Aug. 29, from 6-7pm in the cafeteria. Everyone will meet first with Mrs. Rock and Mr. Camp, then we will break into grade-level groups. Fourth grade will remain in the cafeteria. This is an important informational meeting about the practices and procedures that are followed in the 4th grade. Hope to see you there!
- If you have not yet done so, please sign up for REMIND notices from all three of your child’s teachers. It is a quick and easy way for us to communicate with each other. Instructions were sent home last week, but if you need another copy, let us know.
- Our first field trip will be Tuesday, September 12, to the Belcher Center on the campus of LeTourneau University. We will be attending the show called MatheMagic! Field trip permission forms will be sent home on Monday and will need to be returned as soon as possible.
- Graded paper binders will come home every Wednesday. Please look over the work and sign the form at the front of the binder. DO NOT REMOVE ANY PAPERS FROM THE BINDER. The work will be sent home for you to keep at the end of each term.
We are currently working on learning to read, write, and expand numbers up to the hundred billions. We are using this place value rap to help us!
Parent Homework was sent home today! 😉 Make sure to check your child’s homework folder for several notes:
- Volunteer forms: please fill out and return if you are willing to volunteer in any way
- REMIND notes: please subscribe to REMIND for each teacher so that you can easily communicate with each of us, and we can easily communicate with you. (Mrs. Hunter, Mrs. McCurdy, & Mrs. Clift)
- “A Million Words or Less” page: This is a chance for you to BRAG on your child! In a million words or less, tell us about him/her!
- Students will earn tickets when each of these items have been completed!
The majority of math-related stress in 4th grade students comes from the lack of knowledge of the basic multiplication facts. It is EXTREMELY important that students become fluent in their facts so they can concentrate and spend time on the process of HOW to solve a problem, and not just spend all of their time trying to do the computation of the problem.
Below are some practice links to Quizlet. Clicking on a link below will allow many options to practice a set of facts: Flashcards, Learn, Test, Scatter, & Space Race.
Mon., May 22: Bouncy House during enhancement–MUST WEAR SOCKS!!
Bring board & card games!
Tues., May 23: Board & card games
Wed., May 24: 4th Grade Awards at 8:15 in cafeteria. You may be checked out with teacher after the awards are over.
Thurs., May 25: Early release at 12:00. May bring games, including devices.
Fri., May 26: LAST DAY! Early release at 12:00. Autograph party!
Field day will be held on the top field above the football field! Bring a lawn chair! You may check out your student with the teacher only AFTER ALL activities have been completed! Many thanks to Coach Underwood for her many hours of planning for this fun and memorable day!
Please check your child’s balance and make sure charges are paid and that your child has money for each day they are wanting a meal. If your child does not have enough money in their lunch account, they will be offered the alternate meal.
We will be using M&M’s in our end-of-year math review of skills that we have learned this year. Each student needs to bring an individual-size bag of PLAIN M&M’s (1.69 oz) no later than Monday, May 15.
Students need to wear old clothes & athletic shoes (NO FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS), and bring a water bottle (labeled with name) & towel. Parents are encouraged to come watch the fun (you might want to bring a lawn chair)! When the fun is over, the students will be allowed to leave with parents as long as the student has been checked out with the teacher. If your student will be staying the entire day, he/she will need to bring a change of clothes and shoes–the kids often end up quite wet! 🙂
4th grade students will go to the WO Splash Pad on Friday, May 20. In order for your child to attend, the signed permission slip with the $1 entry fee must be returned by Wednesday. Buses will leave the school around 11:00 and return at 2:00. Students will need to bring a sack lunch, a drink, a towel, and sunscreen. Concession stand snacks will also be available to purchase. Parents are welcome to come enjoy the fun, and you may check out your child early with his/her teacher. Students who return to school will need to bring a change of clothes.
Recorder Concert- Friday, May 19
9:00 in the Cafeteria
4th grade students will be playing their earned belt songs for the 3rd grade, family, & friends. They are to wear jeans and a WO t-shirt or a white, maroon, grey, or black shirt.