This week we are taking donations to help a 2nd grade classroom in Beaumont, Texas that lost everything due to the flood a few weeks ago. If possible, please donate $1 to go toward supplies this school needs. If our classroom raises $20, Mrs. Rock will match our donation! Thank you in advance for your your help!
We’re looking for a few good people…
Do you love what you do? Does your job involve the use of any math skills? Are you interested in sharing some details about your career with our 4th grade students?
We’re getting ready to begin a project-based learning unit that allows our students to discover the uses of math in the real world, and we are looking for some guest speakers to share some information about their careers. We hope to host a Career Day on Tuesday, October 24 to introduce the students to a variety of professions that involve the use of math. Each guest will be given 20-30 minutes to introduce his/her occupation, discuss its relationship with math, and have a short question & answer session.
If you (or someone you know) would be willing to share your job expertise, send me an email ([email protected]) no later than Monday, October 9. Please include your name, student connection, career, phone #, and preferred presentation time (morning 9:30-11:30 or afternoon 1:00-3:00). We will get in touch with you once we determine a specific schedule. Thank you for taking an interest in our students’ futures!
NO CAREER OR JOB IS TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL!
Sonic’s Limeades for Learning contest begins next Monday, Sept. 25! I have entered a project called Engage Me! to try to earn 2 new iPads and cases for use in my classroom! You may vote once per day from each email address that you have. I’m also collecting the code stickers that you get when you order something at any Sonic location. (Don’t be afraid to ask for extra! 🙂 ) Each code counts as 2 votes! You may enter the codes yourself, or you may send them my way and I’ll do all the work! Save those stickers and spread the word!! Click on the picture above to view and vote for my project!
A reminder that tomorrow, Thursday, September 21st, is picture day and for those students with parental permission these pictures will be used in the 2017 yearbook. You may visit mylifetouch.com and enter the Picture Day ID: HC017145Y0 to order and print out your receipt to give to the photographer on Picture Day if you would like to preorder.
Tuesday: Field Trip to see MatheMagic! at the Belcher Center. Buses will leave at 11:30. Wear a WO shirt and bring a sack lunch & drink!
Friday: X Fact Test over ALL facts! This one is for a grade!
Reminder: If your child is going to the pep rally, you must send a note in order for him/her to be dismissed from the classroom.
- Parent Orientation is Tuesday, Aug. 29, from 6-7pm in the cafeteria. Everyone will meet first with Mrs. Rock and Mr. Camp, then we will break into grade-level groups. Fourth grade will remain in the cafeteria. This is an important informational meeting about the practices and procedures that are followed in the 4th grade. Hope to see you there!
- If you have not yet done so, please sign up for REMIND notices from all three of your child’s teachers. It is a quick and easy way for us to communicate with each other. Instructions were sent home last week, but if you need another copy, let us know.
- Our first field trip will be Tuesday, September 12, to the Belcher Center on the campus of LeTourneau University. We will be attending the show called MatheMagic! Field trip permission forms will be sent home on Monday and will need to be returned as soon as possible.
- Graded paper binders will come home every Wednesday. Please look over the work and sign the form at the front of the binder. DO NOT REMOVE ANY PAPERS FROM THE BINDER. The work will be sent home for you to keep at the end of each term.
Parent Homework was sent home today! 😉 Make sure to check your child’s homework folder for several notes:
- Volunteer forms: please fill out and return if you are willing to volunteer in any way
- REMIND notes: please subscribe to REMIND for each teacher so that you can easily communicate with each of us, and we can easily communicate with you. (Mrs. Hunter, Mrs. McCurdy, & Mrs. Clift)
- “A Million Words or Less” page: This is a chance for you to BRAG on your child! In a million words or less, tell us about him/her!
- Students will earn tickets when each of these items have been completed!