Tuesday: Awards Assembly begins at 8:30 in the cafeteria. Students may leave with parents after they’ve been signed out with the teacher. Early Release at 12:00.
Wednesday: Early Release at 12:00.
Monday: STAAR Math- Bring a book to read after testing, an unopened bottle of water, a healthy snack, & mints or mint gum. No outside lunches or visitors will be allowed.
Tuesday: STAAR Reading- Bring a book to read after testing, an unopened bottle of water, a healthy snack, & mints or mint gum. No outside lunches or visitors will be allowed.
Wednesday: 5th Grade STAAR Science– No outside lunches or visitors will be allowed.
No electronics (including classroom phones) are allowed on STAAR testing days. If you need to get a message to your child or a teacher, please call the Intermediate office, 903-291-2101.
Friday: Bouncy House during enhancement & Splash Pad from 10:30-2:00–Socks will be needed for the bouncy house. A letter will be sent home with Splash Pad details, including entry fee ($1), concession prices, & CHAMPS behavior minutes. Parents are welcome to come join the fun! Students will be allowed to be signed out with the teacher.
Tuesday: Snow Cones–Students who pre-paid last week for their snowcone will get to enjoy it during enhancement time.
Wednesday: 4th Grade Field Day— Students will need to bring a LABELED water bottle, a towel, & a change of clothes/shoes (if staying at school for the whole day). Please wear sunscreen & tennis shoes (no sandals or flip flops). All activities will take place on the upper practice field. Parents will be able to sign-out their child with the teacher ONLY AFTER ALL ACTIVITIES HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
Thursday: Progress Reports & graded paper binders will be sent home.
The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness, or STAAR, will begin this week. On Tuesday, April 10th, our 4th grade will participate in the Writing STAAR, and our 5th grade will take the STAAR Math assessment. On Wednesday, April 11th, our 5th grade will complete the STAAR Reading assessment.
We encourage our students to:
- Go to bed early.
- Be on time for school.
- Plan to bring your lunch from home that morning or purchase your lunch from the cafeteria on these two testing days. Food brought in for lunch will not be allowed for any grade level on testing days. VISITORS for lunch will not be permitted on campus on April 10th and 11th.
- Students may bring one, sealed bottle of room-temperature PLAIN water (no flavoring). Any other drink will not be allowed.
- They may also bring a HEALTHY snack–but nothing that will cause dirty or sticky hands (sugared cereal, cheddar Chex mix, etc.)
We are proud of our students and know that they are ready to show what they can do. Let’s stand behind them and show our support by making sure these tips are followed by all.
Image from http://media.photobucket.com/user/drdoolittle/
Easter Party Changes for Fourth Grade
Beginning at 11:00, fourth grade students will have a picnic in the hall and enjoy a delicious chocolate ice cream sundae from DQ.
Students will need a sack lunch, drink, and a towel to sit on.
When students are finished eating, parents may sign their students out with their homeroom teachers.
Fourth Grade Teachers
Due to the Weather Release of school on Tuesday and Wednesday, the PLC Teacher Training Day scheduled for Wednesday has been canceled. We know that these unavoidable circumstances have resulted in inconveniences for teachers, students, and parents. We hope to get this week back to a normal schedule and provide optimal learning opportunities for all of our students.
Tuesday, 1/9: Math Benchmark (4 hr. test)
Thursday, 1/11: Reading Benchmark (4 hr. test)
**If your student wears glasses or contacts, PLEASE make sure they wear them on test days!! Bottled water, a healthy snack, and mints or mint gum may be brought for testing.
Thursday, 1/11: Report cards and graded work sent home
Monday, 1/15, is a school holiday.
- Book orders are due tomorrow (Tues., Nov. 14). Remember that you may order online using a credit card, or you may send the order form with exact change back to school.
- Fundraiser items will be delivered to the school on Thursday, Nov. 16. If your child sold many items, you will need to make arrangements to pick up the items.
- The Party Bus ride/lunch will be Thursday for those students who sold at least 15 items.